Outstanding Innovator Award
The ISSMGE Award for Innovation in Geo-engineering is awarded to an individual ISSMGE member or groups of ISSMGE members (researchers, consultants, contractors) in recognition of innovations in Geo-engineering that have a pronounced impact on geo-engineering practice, research and education. The term “innovation” is used broadly to describe any major, unprecedented achievements that led to a major advancement in our Profession. Examples include:
- The development of a theory or a design approach that has pronouncedly affected our understanding of earth materials or design methods for geotechnical infrastructure.
- The invention of a technique or a technology that has significant applications in field or laboratory investigations or measurements.
- The successful implementation of an unprecedented construction technique that has a sustained impact in geotechnical construction.
- Other outstanding innovations or approaches (e.g. development of software, internet technologies) that impact the practice or education of the Geo-engineering profession worldwide.
Nomination of candidates
ISSMGE Member Societies are invited to nominate important contributors in their respective fields. Nominations are limited to one per Member Society for the award. The nomination package should include the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator, indicating the person / parties nominated and the name of the award (Outstanding Innovator).
- A written motivation, not more than two pages in length, which should include reference to the supporting evidence of distinguished accomplishments (technical papers etc) by the nominee.
- The nominee’s CV (up to 5-pages) or biographical information. In case of a group of individuals, CVs for all individuals should be provided if judged applicable by the nominator.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Dr. Dimitrios Zekkos - ISSMGE Awards Ceremony in Paris 2013