Outstanding Member Society Award
To recognise the most outstanding ISSMGE Member Society. Criteria for evaluation include the following:
Extent of the society’s activities, given the number of members and the rate of progress. These activities could include:
- Conferences and workshops supported by the local Society and/or endorsed by ISSMGE in the past 4 years.
- Encouragement given by the Member Society and recognitions for its members in terms of awards and honours.
- Contributions to ISSMGE Technical Societies through member participation.
- Contributions to the advancement of science and technology through publications by the members in scholarly journals and conferences.
- Any other information representing the contributions by the Society, including those that have made an impact on community welfare and safety (e.g. affected by natural hazards).
In judging the nominations, emphasis will be placed on growth in achievements or new and recent developments.
Nomination of candidates
Nominees for these awards are individual member societies. Member Societies are invited to nominate themselves by submitting a brief submission (not more than two pages) addressing the above. The necessary supporting documentation should accompany the nomination. Nominations must reach the ISSMGE Secretariat by the announced date.
New Zealand Geotechnical Society - Received by Mr Gavin Alexander on behalf of the NZGS - ISSMGE Awards Ceremony in Paris 2013